Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:00 pm
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, work remotely
Do you love technology? Do you enjoy working from home? If so, then we want to hear from you. We are currently looking for a Junior Bookkeeper with some bookkeeping or related educational experience to join our growing team. Working with clients in Ottawa, across Canada and around the world, our firm is process and technology-driven, delivering a premium white-glove service experience and setting the standard for others to follow.
Welcome to Insightz Accounting Services Professional Corporation, a firm registered with CPA Canada that focuses solely on controller, bookkeeping and technology services. We believe that within every organization, there exists untapped potential for additional financial success and understanding. With a fantastic team, leveraging the latest tools and processes, we unlock this potential and provide timely, accurate and insightful analysis to help organizations be the best they can be. At year-end, we work collaboratively with accounting and tax professionals, delivering audit-ready books that CPAs love. Over the years, we have built relationships with many of the city’s leading CPA firms. They refer clients, recommending our services and technical expertise.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for working multiple client files, providing full-cycle bookkeeping services while following detailed processes using the latest tools and apps. You are not scared of technology, and you can resolve advanced issues as they arise, working with a team focused on delivering exceptional client service. You will also demonstrate the following competencies, traits and values:
- Personable and professional - You are personable and have excellent communication skills. Your writing is clear, concise, empathic and professional.
- Problem solver – You are a quick learner, who can solve problems on your own, easily adapt to changes, improve inefficiencies and welcome new challenges.
- Accountable - You don’t shy away from accountability. You like to get your hands dirty to get things done and take full responsibility, ensuring the quality of your work is high and deadlines are always met.
- Independent – You are comfortable working remotely. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment while keeping the team and clients informed on all matters.
- Professional judgement – You are comfortable making decisions on your own and confident in your ability to provide sound advice directly to clients, all while knowing when to seek further assistance and support.
- Technical – You love technology and have solid technical skills and years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office/Excel. You’re also capable of troubleshooting issues, as well as providing assistance and training for clients.
- Interested - You are passionate about the cloud accounting industry and want to join us in becoming a leading accounting services firm in Ottawa, setting the standard for others to follow.
- Degree, certificate or diploma in Accounting (preferred) or equivalent experience
- At least one year of accounting and/or bookkeeping experience (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Experience with full-cycle bookkeeping, in a variety of industries and public practice situations
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Online or Desktop is considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with working knowledge of Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain electronic document storage
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to adapt, innovate and learn continuously
- Passion for the growth and success of our clients
This position is a full-time employment opportunity based in Ottawa, Ontario. To be considered for this role, you must be eligible to work in Canada.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. If you require alternative arrangements to submit your application, please do not hesitate to contact us. Any candidate with a disability requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and invite you to submit a resume and cover letter outlining how you fit the above requirements. If you are selected, we will reach out to you directly to discuss the next steps of the application process.
To apply for this job please visit insightz.typeform.com.